Cabutra is a small outfit that leverages its staff's decades of experience to support the enhancement of nonprofits, non-government organizations and social enterprises of all shapes and sizes, as well as existing and emerging leaders in the social change community.
Cabutra's founder and lead advisor, Tom Skeele, has served as senior staff, capacity building consultant and project contractor for nonprofits, non-government organizations and social enterprises throughout the United States, as well as in Central American, South America and Southeast Asia. During his 25+ years of nonprofit work, Tom has worked with hundreds of staff, Board members and project partners. You can read what some of his colleagues have said about Tom's work here.
The other Board members bring an equally diverse suite of professional experiences and expertise.
The organizations and projects we have worked with during the past twenty-five years range from new start-ups, to smaller programs with a few staff and a $250,000 budget, to multi-country organizations with twenty staff and a $2+ million budget.
Through these partnerships, we have gained first hand knowledge and experience in the following social change sectors:
- Clean water and sanitation - Poverty alleviation
- Climate change adaptation/resiliency - Renewable energy
- Economic development and livelihoods - Rural community development
- Education - Small scale agriculture
- Food security/agricultural training - Tourism
- Human rights - Wildlife & fisheries protection - Land, watershed, marine conservation - Women's Empowerment
Additional mentoring and training is provided by outside experts, colleagues of Cabutra we enlist as needed who bring additional, usually specific, expertise and experience.